Man if I’d read this after my first heart-break all those years back, boy oh boy it would have helped.
Break-ups never feel good do they? They’re not supposed to either, unless you’re a heartless sack of shit that was never in love that is.. But no, they hurt, a fucking lot too. Losing someone who has been by your side for all that time, All of those memories you don’t wan’t to have to re-live, its rough as fuck I know.
There is really no easy way to get over a break up, the only thing you can do is surround yourself with people you love and appreciate and take the time to move on. You’ve probably read that 400 times before and are rolling your eyes (I know because I did the same thing every time i read that), but no word of a lie it will heal you I promise.
They way I think about it is that if someone doesn’t want to be with you then they obviously don’t value your love and quite frankly they dont deserve it either. You should be with someone who makes you happy, who makes you feel appreciated and loved, so never settle for anything less than that okay? Okay good. You may think ‘they’ are the one you want to be with no matter what and you are willing to do whatever it takes to make it work but seriously, Why? Why should you be the one trying so hard to make it work when they aren’t doing fuck all to help you. Heres a good quote you can live by “Relationships are like a fart. If you have to force it, it’s probably shit”. I love that quote, and it’s so fucking true. A proper relationship is a 2 way street, so please don’t settle for someone not willing to put in the same amount of effort as you’re putting in. I remember my first break-up, I literally did everything I was told not to do.. It wasnt until I finally came to my senses that I actually listened and it actually fucking worked.. So here is what im going to do now, im going to tell you the shit NOT to do, Then I’ll explain what TO do to help you get over that piece of shit.
- Don’t fucking talk to them, don’t reply to their messages whatever you do.. They’re just trying to see if they still have you on the fishing line. I guarantee they’ll text you acting like they want to talk and then boom you reply and they dont and guess what.. They just won and you lost. SO DONT FUCKING REPLY.
- Actually try to move on, dont just think you can silent treatment them for a while and they’ll change and come crawling back and you’ll get back together and things will be perfect again, they wont be.
- DONT GO BACK TO THEM! Fuck me, this one is the most important one hey, Unless it’s been 5 years and you both find your way back to each other and you can see it working, do not fucking go back to them. Yeah cool things go back to normal after you get back together for a few weeks.. Then “Oh wait whats that? Ohhhh yep things are going back to the same way they did before the break up”. This happens every time. so please at least try to move on. Dont fall into the trap again.
- DONT go and find another partner straight away, it will end badly. trust me. especially if you still have feelings for butthead that you’ve just broken up with.
- Cry as much as you want, Fuck it. take the week off work and binge watch FRIENDS, Stock up on ice cream and tissues and just fucking cry, get rid of all the sadness. BUT after that has happened, slap yourself out of the sadness because it’s time to prove to yourself that you are better than this. You are strong. You don’t need someone else to be the happiest you, you can do it all by yourself.
- Go fuck a bunch of people if you really want to, for some people that helps them finally decide that what they want is to move on.
- Spend time with friends and family, go on a little holiday, or go shopping, spoil yourself.
- Focus on yourself, what is something you’ve wanted to do but havent had time? Now you have the time so do it! Want to write? Write! Want to go to Europe? Go to Europe, just go and do you.
- Set heaps of little goals, achieve them. Then set bigger goals, more long-term goals and hit them too. Keep achieving, always aim to do better.
Everything Happens for a Reason.
Maybe you just weren’t meant to be. Is that a problem? Maybe now it is. But in a year or so you will look back on this and laugh at how much sleep you lost, how many tears you cried and how much happiness you gave up just thinking about the person that couldn’t even give you the love you gave them.
Be Good to Yourself
You Got This
There you go friends, a little piece of break-up advise, do what you want with it, as long as you’re happy in the long run, that is all that matters.
Would love to hear all your break-up stories! How you moved on, if they tried to come crawling back and how it made you feel when you could finally say with a smile on your face that you have moved on.